Thai Turkey Burgers | Avocado Cilantro Lime Salsa
Okay, after a year or so of saying, I think our Thai Orange and Ginger Carrot Relish would be delish in a Turkey burger...I finally made em' and the verdict is: They are the jam! Wozz and I have been slacking lately because we are in the middle of a kitchen renovation (can't wait to show it to you guys) and with a house full of power tools, sawdust, beer and potato chips, our inspiration for photo taking and recipe blogging is near non existence. But after 2 weeks of nothing but ham on bread and miller light enjoyed with my dad (I know Miller Light Right? but hey it's a beer with my dad and he is renovating our kitchen. and FYI Miller Light is currently being sold in their 70's retro can and that is pretty cool..like instagram cool...:0) Anyway, I finally decided to venture next door over to the Wozz! office where we have a small stove top and made these Turkey Burgers. The first batch I made were a bit wet and I had to be careful they didn't break apart but on my second go of this recipe, I added just a little less of our Thai orange and ginger relish, made the burgers a bit thicker (I think this is the trick) and Voila! I don't think I would recommend these for the grill, but if you gently handle them in a skillet (like little chickadees) they will survive! Here is the Recipe:
For your Burgers:
1.25 lb of ground Turkey
1/2 medium yellow onion minced
1/3 of a red bell pepper minced
3 Tablespoons of Wozz! Thai Orange & Ginger Carrot Relish
small handful of fresh chopped Cilantro
Squeeze of 1/2 lime (optional)
salt and pepper
Olive Oil or Avocado Oil (2 tablespoons) for cooking
For your Salsa:
1 Avocado scooped out and cubed
chopped fresh cilantro (as much as you like)
Squeeze of 1/2 lime
Salt & Pepper
Focaccia Buns (split in half) optional or Lettuce Leaves if you're watching the carbs.
1. Turn on oven broiler on high (for your buns) Optional. I had mine on large lettuce leaves and left out the bread.
2. Make Your Salsa: In a medium mixing bowl combine salsa ingredients. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix burger ingredients well and form into 3/4 inch thick patties (makes approximately 4 good size patties)
3. Turn stove top onto medium high heat.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil to large skillet. When hot, cook turkey burgers on each side for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side (turning only once)
5. Once the burgers are almost finished being cooked, top with a slice of sharp cheddar (optional)
I opted out of cheese even though it was a difficult decision. ;)
6. While your cheese is melting, pop your focaccia buns under broiler for a couple minutes until nice and toasted.(optional)
7. Remove buns from oven or arrange your lettuce leaves, add your burger, a dollop of thai orange and ginger relish and top with your avocado cilantro salsa. Delicious!
For more RECIPES:
Looking to view our collection of Specialty Foods? Click Here.
Check out other ways to use our savory Thai Orange & Ginger Carrot Relish