"sweet . cumin . mild"
Serve our Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish and Simmer Sauce with chicken and beef, as a pizza sauce, atop veggie burgers and baked potatoes, stir into lentils, pasta, couscous, spread onto grilled cheese, sandwiches, serve alongside cheddar and crackers or use as a simmer sauce all your favorite Moroccan stews and curries.
Moroccan Tomato and Onion Savory Relish and Simmer Sauce
Tomatoes and onions are slow cooked in a medley of toasted spices and fresh garlic. Bursting with the richness of cumin, fennel, ras él hanout, mustard seed and a little cracked pepper for spice, this Moroccan Tomato Relish is perfect on grilled chicken, beef or lamb. It's a great base ingredient for soups and curries and makes a delicious simmer sauce for Moroccan stews and crock pot meals. Spread onto sandwiches, paninis and burgers in place of traditional condiments for a flavorful twist. With only 3 grams of sugar in 2 tablespoons, this relish / sauce is low sugar and low calorie making it a perfect choice if your looking for a low sugar condiment or sauce.
This robust relish also makes a fantastic simmer sauce. Simply mix a jar of our Moroccan Tomato Onion Sauce to a can of diced tomatoes and a bit of chicken stock for an amazing braising and simmer sauce for chicken, shrimp or pasta. Try this hearty recipe for Moroccan Tomato Lamb Ragu over Pasta. You can also fold our tomato onion relish through quinoa or couscous for a quick side dish. Toss it in the crock pot with meatballs for a Moroccan inspired appetizer!
Use our Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish and Simmer Sauce everywhere you would fresh tomato or tomato sauce including pasta, pizza, chicken curries, atop sausages, hot dogs, cabbage rolls, tacos and baked potatoes. It also makes an alternative quick and easy gourmet tomato topping for bruschetta and crostini. You can't go wrong with this sauce, it's so versatile and "a perfect throw it in the pan with some chicken" sauce!
We are pleased to announce our Moroccan Tomato Relish and Simmer Sauce has won the 2019 Sofi Silver Award For Outstanding Condiment.
Jar Size: 12 oz
✓ Vegan Friendly
✓ Gluten Free
✓ Low Sugar
✓ Preservative Free
✓ Additive Free
✓ Mild Spice
Pictured Below: Moroccan Tomato Lentil Coconut Curry featuring our Moroccan Tomato Relish and Simmer Sauce
|Spread . Side . Season . Simmer . Sauce . Dip|
Gift Baskets and Hostess Gift Idea! Add our Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish to a gourmet gift basket for the foodie who loves unique sauces and savory condiments. Also makes a fantastic hostess or housewarming gift for the one who loves travel, food and creative cooking.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish Mezze Side: Use our Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish as part of a mezze plate with pickles, flat bread, grilled vegetables and tahini dip.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion as an Alternative to Ketchup: Use in place of ketchup and tomato sauce on burgers, grilled meats, sandwiches, hot dogs, sausages, cabbage rolls and more.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Pizza Sauce: makes a hearty pizza sauce. Finish with caramelized onions, ground lamb and fresh picked mint.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Chicken Stew: Slowly simmer Moroccan Tomato Onion Sauce with bone-in chicken, a little chicken stock and chickpeas in a crockpot.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish Couscous Salad: Fold through cooked, cooled couscous, with raisins, chopped almonds, picked cilantro and the juice of one lemon.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Stuffed Mushrooms: Fill Portobello mushrooms with a mixture of sautéed bacon, fresh goats cheese, Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish and bake. Serve as a side or main dish.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Relish Cheese Pairings: A perfect pairing for a savory cheese like Feta or Parmesan. Serve with a savory cheese plate with crackers, olives and crusty bread.
- Moroccan Tomato Onion Dip: Try our Smoked Cheddar Moroccan Tomato Dip or Fold through cream cheese for a hearty tomato dip on crusty bread or through your favorite hummus!
|Serving Size: 30g | 2Tbsp|
Calories: 24 Calories from Fat: <1
Total Fat: <1g
Sat Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 5g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
|Vitamin A 11%||Vitamin C 18%|
|Calcium 1%||Iron 3%|
Ingredients: Tomato, Onion, Roasted Pepper, Non GMO Cane Sugar, Non GMO Apple Cider Vinegar, Fresh Garlic, Custom Blended Toasted Spices, Salt, Olive Oil