"bold . spice . lemon"
Serve our North African Chermoula with lamb, chicken, grilled shrimp, seafood, calamari, fish, roasted vegetables, hummus, Moroccan tagine, as a dressing over couscous and lentils, as a Moroccan marinade.
North African Chermoula
Our North African Chermoula can be used as either a dressing, marinade or sauce for a variety of Moroccan inspired dishes from couscous to lamb to fish tagine.
What is Chermoula?
Chermoula is a Moroccan spice blend traditionally used to marinate fish and seafood. It is often made up of lemon or preserved lemons, cilantro, garlic, oil, onion and spices including cumin, saffron, coriander seed and paprika. There are many variations of chermoula and ingredients change depending on the regions of North Africa. It can be found in either the form of a spice mix, paste or marinade.
Our North African Chermoula is a bold fusion of fresh lemon, cilantro and simmered spices including cumin, coriander, paprika, fresh ginger and saffron. It's bright lemony and full of fragrant spices which makes it an outstanding lamb and chicken marinade and cooking sauce for Moroccan tagine. Drizzle our chermoula through a warm lentil or couscous salad with fresh torn mint or cilantro or spoon over grilled fish, seafood and beef. Mix with Greek yogurt or sour cream and you have a zingy healthy Moroccan dipping sauce for pita, falafel, grilled chicken or lamb skewers. Our North African Chermoula is not only versatile, it's packed with antioxidant rich spices and herbs making it a healthy, low sugar and delicious accompaniment.
Our North African Chermoula is the Specialty Food Associations's 2016 sofi™ GOLD Winner!
✓ Gluten Free
✓ Preservative Free
✓ Additive Free
✓ Low Sugar
Marinade . Season . Sauce . Dress
- North African Chermoula Marinade: Traditionally used to marinated whole fish to be baked, but our North African Chermoula is wonderful as a marinade for grilled lamb, beef tips, chicken wings, meat balls, tofu... anything you like.
- Braised Lamb with North African Chermoula Gravy: Seal a chermoula marinated lamb leg or shanks on high heat for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 200 degrees F. Add 1/2 cup of Chermoula to two cups of water to the roasting pan. Cover whole pan with a lid or foil. Slow braise the leg (basting every 20 minutes) for 5 hours or until meat falls away from the bone. (top up with water when necessary) Skim off fat and reduce until sauce thickens. Finish with fresh chopped tomato and cilantro.
- North African Chermoula Dressing: Brown Rice - Couscous - Quinoa - Lentil Salads: Fold chermoula through cooked couscous with chopped fresh mint, sliced almonds and dried figs.
- North African Chermoula Condiment: Especially for lamb, seafood as well as chicken beef and pork. Use chermoula as an alternative to mint sauces, tartar sauce and mayonnaise.
- North African Chermoula Dipping Sauce: Mix with cream cheese, Greek yogurt or on its own for a savory dipping sauce fried seafood, chicken and lamb skewers or spoon atop burgers, wraps, and salads.
- Chermoula Dressing: Drizzle our North African Chermoula over a salad of sweet roasted butternut pumpkin, Feta cheese, baby spinach and walnuts.
|Serving Size: 30g | 2Tbsp|
Calories: 40 Calories from Fat: 3
Total Fat: 3 g
Sat Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 5 g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Sugars: 3 g
|Vitamin A 3%||Vitamin C 10%|
|Calcium 1%||Iron 2%|
Ingredients: Lemon Juice 100%, Onion, Custom Blended Chermoula Spices, Olive Oil, Non GMO Cane sugar, Fresh Garlic, Fresh Cilantro, Fresh Ginger, Sea salt, Chili, Xanthan Gum
Please note our products are made in a Facility Where: Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Soybeans and Milk May Be Present