"sweet . tart . spiced"
Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Compote
Our Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Compote is made with juicy whole cherries sourced from upstate New York. The cherries are immersed in a red wine reduction sauce with fragrant winter spices including cinnamon and allspice. It finishes with a touch of cracked black pepper making it ideal for savory dishes but subtle enough for desserts and sweets. This gourmet sour cherry spread is ideal for cheese pairings and charcuterie boards and makes a great addition to roasted duck, pork tenderloin, sausages and ham. For a cheese board, our Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Fruit Compote pairs with a variety of cheese from goats cheese and blue cheese to brie and cream cheese. Serve with foie gras or pate for a sophisticated indulgence. With it's vibrant color, whole juicy cherries and warm winter spices, this compote makes a fantastic gift for the holiday hostess! Serve with a Christmas cheese plate or holiday ham for a gorgeous and delicious accompaniment.
✓ Gluten Free
✓ Additive Free
✓ Preservative Free
✓ Mild Spice
✓ Non GMO
Jar Size: 13 OZ
Our Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Fruit Compote can be used in both sweet or savory dishes.
- Sour Cherry Spice Wine Pan Seared Sausages: Add our sour cherry compote to a pan sauce with a touch of balsamic and pour over these sausages or ham.
- Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Dessert Sauce: Spoon our spiced sour cherry compote over your favorite mini cheesecakes, ice cream, pancakes, chocolate cake.
- Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Dressing: Whisk our Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Fruit Compote into red wine or balsamic vinegar and pour over a grilled chicken and blue cheese salad.
- Sour Cherry Spread: Use as a cherry jam or sour cherry spread for your morning toast or with biscuits scones and whipped cream!
Sour Cherry Spiced Wine Compote Side: Serve as a side condiment to ham steak, roast turkey, chicken breast, duck and pork chops, as a cranberry sauce alternative.
- Sour Cherry Compote as an Entertaining Accompaniment. Serve with cheese and charcuterie boards. Delicious with a holiday baked brie, alongside duck pate and foie gras. Also makes a wonderful accompaniment to a dessert inspired cheese board! Pair with blue cheese or goats cheese and cocoa cakes.
Ingredients: Sour Cherries, Burgundy Wine, Non Gmo Brown Cane Sugar, Non GMO Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Fresh Ginger, Custom Blended Spices, 100% Lemon Juice (not from concentrate), Fruit Pectin, Kosher Salt.
May Contain Occasional Cherry Pits