"sweet . savory . spice"
Serve our balsamic fig spread with any cheese plate. Favorite pairings include goats cheese, blue cheese, burrata and brie. Delicious with charcuterie, crostini, roasted meats, pork, ham, chicken, roast beef, roasted brussels sprouts and flatbreads.
Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread
Our Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread is a combination of sweet figs and fresh pears simmered in a balsamic reduction with a touch of hot mustard oil for spice. This gourmet fig spread is ideal for cheese pairings and charcuterie boards and makes a great housewarming or party gift.
For a cheese board, pair our Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread with goats cheese, blue cheese and brie. It is our signature cheese pairing condiment and will work with any cheese plate!
Spoon our mostarda over roast beef, ham, chicken or pork roast for a balsamic fig glaze with a hint of mustard bite. Use as the ultimate fig jam on a toasted sandwich with roast beef and cheese or spread atop crostini with goats cheese for a quick easy and elegant appetizer. The mild mustard kick of this mostarda is just fantastic with charcuterie and paté.
What is a mostarda?
Mostarda, also known as mostarda di frutta is a Northern Italian condiment made with fruits in a mustard syrup. We take a modern approach on making mostarda with cooking figs and pears in a balsamic reduction syrup (instead of traditionally poaching whole fruit such as pears and grapes in a candy syrup) but we continue to keep it's tradition by using pure mustard oil rather than just mustard seed to give this condiment it's spicy finish. It is rare to find a US produced mostarda that actually still uses pure mustard oil and we are proud to offer such a delicacy.
We are pleased to announce our Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread was awarded the NYC sofi SILVER award at the 2017 NYC Fancy Food Show for outstanding condiment.
Jar Size: 13 oz
✓ Gluten Free
✓ Additive Free
✓ Preservative Free
✓ Mild Spice
✓ Fresh Fruit Ingredients
- Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread For Cheese Pairings: When it comes to complimenting a cheese board, nothing is quite as versatile as this Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread. The balsamic in this fig spread adds an acid and the slight bite of mustard means cheese whether aged, soft, goat, blue or bloomy rind are all at home here. Our favorite pairings include Jasper Cellars Harbison, a creamy blue cheese such as Point Reyes original blue, and aged goats cheese including Vermont Creamy Bijou.
- Balsamic Fig Mostarda Mini Tarts -Spoon our Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread into mini tart shells with goats cheese, blue cheese or brie and bake for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
- Balsamic Fig Mostarda Braising and Roasting Sauce - Mix our Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread with a few tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar and toss with chicken thighs or pork loin and roast in the oven. Makes a delicious balsamic fig braised chicken.
- Balsamic Fig Mostarda Sandwich Spread - Use as a fig jam over toasted bread and top with shaved roast beef, gooey cheese and leafy greens or use as the perfect accompaniment to toasted bread and goats cheese, crostini and panini.
- Balsamic Fig Spread on Flat Bread - Spread our Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread over a flatbread with blue cheese, prosciutto, walnuts and arugula.
Balsamic Fig Mostarda Pizza - Slather Wozz! Balsamic Fig Mostarda Spread over pizza dough, add crispy bacon, fresh basil, brie cheese and grilled peaches.
|Serving Size: 15g | 1Tbsp|
Calories: 40 Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g
Sat Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Sodium: 7 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 9 g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 8g (% naturally from fruit)
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C 1%|
|Calcium 1%||Iron 1%|
Ingredients: Dried Figs, Fresh Pears, Brown Sugar, Red Wine, Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Apple, Mustard Seed, Spices
Please note our products are made in a Facility Where: Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Wheat, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Soybeans and Milk May Be Present